Monday, November 17, 2008

Yahi hai right choice baby..aaha!

Making the right choice between different choices is generally not an easy task. You can narrow down the innumerable options into at most the two best alternatives often which are reverse of each other. Then why is it that you are drawn towards two choices each of which is contradictory to the other, but each is compelling enough for you to choose one and tread on it.

And finally which one wins? For most idiots who seem to posses the commonest of sense like me tend to choose the mind over the heart and the path which possesses the least risk. (I’m sure if I ever want to be an entrepreneur it would take 7 lives to change my mind). And least risk in terms of not just the risk for yourself but a “holistic” risk (pardon me; I learned to use that word for every other thing during my MBA). You wish to lower the risk to be faced for yourself and your near and dear ones. The reason obviously being to satisfy one’s own conscience. I wouldn’t want to have even an iota of guilt for anything that may go wrong i.e. if I wish to choose the more attractive but ludicrous path, the path I so want to wade through. But my mind gives me the resistance to oversee what I may actually want, for the benefit of what I may actually get. The probability of the later being higher than the former leading to a lower percentage of the guilt, in case I decide to hear out my mind.

It’s better to leave yourself to the idiosyncrasies of what may follow ahead for things which are not in your hand since this is not what you actually desired, but you try and put up a façade of being the one who gets the best. But what if going by the probabilistic better choices I fail to realize the joy of the riskier path, making me grimmer deep inside because I just failed to realize the lost potential.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home